Price: $59.95 (30 day free trial)
License: lifetime (1 year complimentary upgrades)
Company: IDM Computer Solutions, Inc.
- Supports 64-bit file handling (standard) on 32-bit Windows platforms (Windows XP and later).
- Unicode/UTF-8 editing support.
- Multiline find and replace dialogs for all searches (Find, Replace, Find in Files, Replace in Files).
- Spell checker and localization support for 80+ languages.
- Interactive spell check while typing.
- Open files up to and over 4GB.
- Supports multiple instances and single document window splitting.
- Free integrated file compare utility (UC Lite), or full integration with UltraCompare Professional.
- Syntax highlighting and code folding: configurable, pre-configured for C, C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download.
- Tag matching for XML and HTML open and close tags.
- FTP client with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save (32-Bit only).
- Includes support for SFTP and FTPS (control only, control and data, implicit)
- Ability to set a remote (server based) or local (Perl regex based) filter (provides filtering ability for SFTP.
- Advanced proxy support and SSL certificate handling.
- (Optional) local default directory for each FTP account.
- SSH/Telnet window.
- XML manager with parsed XML tree view, plus ability to move/delete/modify nodes and reformat XML.
- Function list with tree-style view of functions, parameters, variables, properties, etc.
- Project/workspace support.
- Environment selector: provides predefined or user-created editing environments that remember the state of all of UltraEdit's dockable windows, and toolbars.
- Integrated scripting language to automate tasks.
- Configurable keyboard mapping.
- Column/block mode editing.
- Hexadecimal editor allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view.
- Code completion and auto-expanding text with Smart Templates.
- Automatic completion of XML and HTML tags.
- CSS style builder.
- View rendered HTML within UltraEdit.
- HTML toolbar preconfigured for popular HTML functions.
- WebSearch toolbar: highlight text and click a websearch toolbar button to search for highlighted term from within the editor.
- File encryption/decryption.
- Based on Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256) algorithm.
- Optionally integrates with UltraSentry to securely destroy original unencrypted file.
- Encrypted files can only be decrypted in UltraEdi.t
- Open files as read-only, or open files and lock them for use.
- Backup and auto-save.
- Every file can be backed up on save.
- Create incremental/versioned backups with configurable save format.
- Set timed backup/auto-save.
- Auto-save files when application loses focus.
- Auto-save and backup FTP files.
- Set custom backup directory.
- Editable macros.
- Integration with UltraSentry to securely delete UltraEdit temporary files.
- Configurable tool support (run compiler, run a batch file, integrate with version control, etc.) provides smart and dynamic command-line interaction with active file(s).
- Environment selector: provides predefined or user-created editing "environments" that remember the state of all of UltraEdit's layout, including dockable windows, toolbars and more for user convenience.
- Multi-byte support with integrated IME support.