Formats: paperback, Kindle
Released: August 30, 2011
Tags: how to blog
Bloggers Boot Camp Features
Bloggers Boot Camp: Learning How to Build, Write, and Run a Successful Blog, by John Biggs and Charlie White, shows you how to build a great blog from the ground up.
- 224 pages.
- Gather the ideal tools for blogging.
- Uncover a niche for your blog.
- Discover the best ways to spread the word about your new blog.
- Find the most compelling stories to write about.
- Learning the subtle art of constructing a compelling, engaging blog post.
- Stimulate your readers to directly participate in the two-way conversation.
- Teaches writers how to blog and bloggers how to write.
- Offers a simple method for writing every day.
- Discover a simple formula for creating compelling content.
- Learning basic HTML for bloggers.
- Picking a domain.
- Discover ready made blogging platforms.
- Learn about running your own server.
- Enhancing your writing by reading.
- Essential blogging skills to get you through the day.
- Blog photography tips.
- Producing intros to posts.
- Learn about writing your contact page.
- Spreading the word about your blog.
- How to decide what matters to your readers.
- Finding news.
- Using RSS feeds.
- How to select sites for RSS feeds.
- Using social media.
- Dealing with PR people.
- 10 questions to ask before posting.
- Learn how to write a blog post.
- Top 5 grammar goofs.
- How to use graphics.
- Understanding spam.
- SEO for bloggers.
- Promoting with Twitter.
- How to measure your success.
- How to make money with your blog.
- How to find bloggers.
- About the authors:
- John Biggs writes about technology, security, gadget, gear, wristwatches, and the Internet.
- Charlie White is senior editor of Mashable. Before joining Mashable, he was deputy editor of NBC Universal's DVICE, senior associate editor for Gizmodo, and executive producer of Digital Media Net.