Formats: paperback, Kindle
Version: 2nd edition
Released: May 8, 2012
Tags: how to blog
Create Your Own Blog Features
Create Your Own Blog, by Tris Hussey, walks you through every step of building your own blog, from getting started to building an audience.
- 288 pages.
- Personal blogging using WordPress.com.
- Build a website around your blog.
- Business blogging using WordPress.org software.
- Multimedia blogging.
- Portfolio blogging for artists.
- Blogging with Tumblr.
- Setting up your blog the right way in just minutes.
- Writing blog entries people want to read.
- Handling comments even nasty ones.
- Creating a conversation and building a community.
- Publicizing your blog.
- Choosing the right free or low cost blogging tools.
- Avoiding beginner mistakes.
- Earning cash from your blog.
- Blogging then and now.
- Installing and setting up your first blog.
- Creating content for your blog.
- Building a community around your blog.
- Creating a professional blog with WordPress.com.
- Creating a business blog.
- Learn how to set up good permalinks.
- SEO tuning.
- Creating a website.
- Learn about categories and tags.
- Discover blogrolls.
- Learn about comments and trackbacks.
- Learn about blog security.
- Your blogs themes and colors.
- Writing an about page.
- Learn how to turn an idea into a blog post.
- Should you blog anonymously.
- Writing your first post.
- Learn about blogging policies.
- How to use pictures and video.
- Building and hosting your blog.
- Getting started with Tumblr.
- Tumblr versus WordPress.
- Learn how to optimize your blogs template.
- Discover how to track your performance.
- About the authors: Tris Hussey is a speaker, teacher, and charter member of the Professional Bloggers Association, and social media consultant. He has been a blogger since 2004 and was one of Canada's first professional bloggers.