Instant Domain Name Search
Instant Domain Name Search is a 100% FREE, online domain search tool that checks in real-time, as you type, whether a domain name is available for registration. No CAPTCHAs.
Instant Domain Name Search checks ALL domain extensions: .com (default), .co.uk, .ca, .com.au, .net, .org, etc.
How to use:
- Type the domain into the first box below. The software will check your domains, in real-time, as you type.
- Once you find a domain that's appears to be available, copy and paste it into the second box.
- Click the "Confirm Domain Availability" button.
- A new browser tab/window will open at the Domain Registration Bank website. It will confirm whether or not the domain is indeed available for registration.
- Register your domain at Domain Reigstration Bank. That's where I've been registering all my domains for many years.
- If you have a lot of domains to check, you can use Domain Registration Bank's bulk registration search form
- Instant Domain Name Search works by checking whether a domain is live and resolves to an IP address. If an IP address is found, then the domain has been registered. However, some registered domains don't have an IP address. In these cases Instant Domain Name Search will assume the domain is available when in fact it may not be. For this reason, you should use the second search form to confirm availability at Domain Registration Bank.
- There are a lot of domain extensions and new ones are being added all the time. Hence, Instant Domain Name Search does NOT check whether or not you enter a genuine domain extension. If you misspell a domain extension, it will probably return the domain as available for registration. So make sure your spelling is correct.
- Instant Domain Name Search automatically removes "http://", "https://", "http://www.", "https://www." and all other characters not allowed in a domain name.
- Instant Domain Name Search ignores leading and trailing spaces, and spaces in between text. For example: " mikes marketing tools .com " is searched as "mikesmarketingtools.com". This allows you to quickly search by copy and pasting in keywords separated by spaces.
- Instant Domain Name Search was designed to allow you to check multiple domains quickly. As such, if a domain search takes more than 10 seconds, it will display the message, "The domain is not responding, which usually indicates it has already been registered. The search will continue until the domain responds." The search will continue and return the result once it has been completed.
- I am aware of the bug that pushes the focus back to the beginning of the form when you enter characters beyond the visible area of the search form. The visible area has more than enough room for most domains. The bug only appears in Firefox, so use IE, Safari or Chrome if the issue bothers you.
- Domain Name Search not working properly? Get in touch. I'd love to hear from you.
- A big thank you to The Free Site!