Revealed: Top Two Google Ranking Factors
In this article I reveal what I believe are the two most important ranking factors used by Google.
My findings are as a result of my ongoing optimization experiments of my network of web sites on Google.
The top two Google ranking factors are:
- Incoming Text Link Keywords
I'll explain each in more detail and what you MUST do to maximize the effectiveness of each element.
PageRank is determined by the number and quality of links to a page. Both the quantity and quality of text links are important. Always try to get links from web pages with a PageRank rating of at least four.
Concentrate on getting as many different quality sites as possible to link to one page on your site, usually your home page. Do not spread the links to different pages. This will maximize the PageRank of your main page, plus those of the subpages.
2. Incoming Text Link Keywords
ALWAYS provide text links for linking to your site. Avoid image links.
Google does index image links, but without any text for it to index, it won't help your link popularity rating for your important keywords.
- Include the most important keyword phrase in the text link, using the EXACT spelling.
- Do not pluralize the keyword phrase, if people usually search the singular version of the phrase. And vice versa.
- Avoid excess words, where possible.
- The linked to page MUST have the text link keywords in the body of the page, otherwise Google will discount the page.
- Include the text link keywords within the title tag of the linked to page. It is possible for a page without the text link keywords in the title tag to get top rankings. But I have discovered that around 80% of top 10 rankings have the text link keywords in the title tag, so always include it.
Well, there you have it. Those are what I consider the two most important ranking factors used by Google. Other factors are considered by Google, but their importance pales in comparison to the two I have discussed in this article.
Follow these tips whenever you optimize your web pages and they will quickly shoot up the Google rankings.