Formats: paperback, Kindle
Version: 4th edition
Released: January 24, 2012
Tags: how to blog
Blogging For Dummies Features
Blogging For Dummies, by Susannah Gardner and Shane Birley, is a beginner's guide on how to blog.
- 408 pages.
- Ways to use your blog.
- Design and content tips.
- When anonymity is appropriate.
- Tricks for sidestepping spam.
- How RSS can help market your blog.
- Tools for tracking blog traffic.
- Ten tools for mobile blogging.
- Deciding what to blog about.
- Choosing the right software.
- How to register your domain.
- Provides up-to-date information on blogging software choices and utilities.
- Explains how to identify your unique niche and attract readers.
- Walks you through setting up an account and writing your first post.
- Shows you how to optimize your blog for search, so new readers find you.
- Helps you integrate your blog with social media.
- Reveals what you need to know to start microblogging on Twitter or Tumblr.
- Explores the ways you can make money with your blog.
- Find the right fit: discover your niche and learn all you can about your audience.
- How to encourage comments and how to deal with comments you don't want.
- Discover how to add photos to your blog or learn to start and maintain a podcast.
- Learn how to expand your audience with Twitter.
- Use social networks to drive traffic to your blog.
- Penny for your thoughts: explore ways to make money from your blog.
- Learn the important things you should remember when writing a corporate blog.
- Steps for setting up a blog with Blogger, WordPress, or Tumblr.
- Compare and use the newest blogging software tools.
- Find your niche and gain an audience.
- Integrate your blog with social media and explore microblogging.
- Make money with advertising and search engine optimization.
- Learn how to make your writing, photos, videos, and audio compelling enough to keep visitors coming back.
- About the authors:
- Susannah Gardner was among the editors at the Los Angeles Times who launched the newspaper's first website. She is co-founder and creative director of Hop Studios Internet Consultants.
- Shane Birley is co-founder of Left Right Minds web consulting firm.