Formats: paperback, Kindle
Version: 2nd edition
Released: March 24, 2012
Tags: learn seo
The Art of SEO Features
The Art of SEO 2nd edition, by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola, and Rand Fiskin, is a guide to help you plan and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy.
- 718 pages.
- Learn search engine basics and advanced techniques.
- How to understand search engine results.
- How to determine your audience and finding your niche.
- Learn about country specific search engines.
- Learn about keyword research.
- How to develop a search friendly website.
- Keyword target and content optimization.
- Explore the underlying theory behind SEO and how search engines work.
- Learn the steps you need to prepare for, execute, and evaluate SEO initiatives.
- Examine a number of advanced strategies and tactics.
- Understand the intricacies involved in managing complex SEO projects.
- Comprehend SEO’s many intricacies and complexities.
- Explore the underlying theory and inner workings of search engines.
- Learn how to optimize for vertical search.
- Understand the role of social media, user data, and links.
- Discover tools to track results and measure success.
- Recognize how changes to your site can confuse search engines.
- Learn to build a competent SEO team with defined roles.
- Glimpse the future of search and what lies ahead for the SEO industry.
- Learn new ranking methods involving user engagement and social media.
- Spam filtering and penalties.
- Learn about content theft.
- About the authors:
- Eric Enge is the founder and CEO of Stone Temple Consulting, a SEO firm that serves a wide variety of companies, including Fortune 100 companies. He writes regular columns in Search Engine Land and Search Engine Watch, and has also provided feature articles to SEOmoz.
- Stephan Spencer is the author of Google Power Search (O'Reilly, 2011). He is the founder of Netconcepts, a leading SEO firm that was acquired in January 2010 by search marketing agency Covario.
- Jessie Stricchiola is the founder of Alchemist Media, Inc., a San Francisco search engine marketing company. She has been a guest speaker at each of the search industry's leading conferences including Incisive Media's Search Engine Strategies Conferences, Danny Sullivan's Search Marketing Expo, WebmasterWorld's PubCon, ad:Tech, WebGuild, and Shop.org.
- Rand Fishkin is CEO and co-founder of Moz, a Seattle-based startup focused on building software for marketers.