Price: free/$15+ per user, per month (14-day free trial)
Requirements: online, Windows (XP/Vista/7/8)/Mac OS X/iOS/Android
Company: Box, Inc.
Tags: cloud storage
Box is a cloud storage service that allows you to store, access, and manage files online.
- 5GB free.
- Enterprise IT plan available for companies with over 5,000 users.
- Content management:
- Upload any file, including documents and media files.
- Organize content in an intuitive folder structure.
- File tagging.
- Share links to a file or a folder of files.
- Turn any folder into a web page with a personalized URL.
- Sync files on your desktop.
- Get notifications when a shared file you synced is updated.
- View files in your browser.
- View files instantly in Box without downloading them.
- Create widgets to share files on a company web page
- Preview a variety of files, from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to Adobe Photoshop and Flash.
- Full-text search.
- 256-bit SSL and AES encryption.
- Encryption keys are stored in separate locations and frequently rotated.
- Configure policies for password strength and resets, failed logins and session duration.
- Manage permissions for access, preview, editing, download and sharing in a centralized administration console.
- Manage users and set access permissions by a company department or project team.
- Password-protect confidential documents and set expiration dates for file access.
- Track user name, email address, IP address, date/time for all actions.
- Access a complete audit trail of company files.
- SimpleShare app allows upload by dragging files to its icon.
- Mobile support for all accounts includes Android, iOS, and Blackberry.
- Online workspaces:
- Turn any folder into a shared online workspace.
- Invite people to view, edit and upload files.
- Post comments and discussions.
- Assign and manage tasks.
- Real-time activity feed.
- Customize the Box interface and login page to reflect your company brand.
- Integrate with 20+ applications and services, including Google Apps, Twitter, FedEx, and Zoho.
- Build custom apps around content with open APIs.
- Accessible through 3rd-party sites, such as Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, and Jive.