Traceroute shows the route taken by packets of data as it travels across the Internet to help you identify potential connection issues. 100% FREE! No CAPTCHAs.
How to use:
- Enter a domain or IP address into the box below.
- Click the "Traceroute" button, or press the 'enter/return' key on your keyboard.
- The results of the Traceroute will be displayed below the "Traceroute" button.
- Please be patient, because the trace could take up to 30 seconds or more.
- "Trace complete" indicates your trace was completed successfully.
- # = hop.
- ms = milliseconds.
- * = packet loss, due to a number of possible reasons. For example: router or server is down or slow to respond.
- Traceroute sends 3 packets to the server hosting the domain or IP address and listens for the replies.
- Traceroute measures the time it takes the packets to go from the Mike's Marketing Tools server, in Dallas, TX, USA, to the host of the domain or IP address you entered.
- Traceroute displays:
- the hop number.
- the response times of each of the 3 packets sent (in milliseconds).
- the IP address.
- the host name.
- Traceroute is also available at www.Traceroute.co.
- Traceroute not working properly? Get in touch. I'd love to hear from you.