Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/8
Released: May 27, 2012
Company: Helios Software Solutions
Tags: text editor
Textpad is a general purpose editor for plain text files.
- Can edit huge files: up to the limits of 32-bit virtual memory.
- Supports Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style names, and long file names with spaces.
- CUA compliant keyboard commands.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish user interfaces.
- Spelling checker with dictionaries in 10 languages.
- Simultaneous edits with up to 2 views per file.
- Warm start feature: restart exactly where you left off.
- Cut, copy and paste clipboard capabilities.
- Text can be case shifted and block indented, and characters, words and lines can be transposed.
- Word-wrapped at the margin, or at a specified column.
- Split text into separate lines where wrapping occurs, or lines can be intelligently joined, preserving paragraphs.
- OLE2 drag and drop editing for copying and moving text between documents.
- Unlimited undo/redo capability.
- Block (column) selection mode.
- Visible display of tabs and spaces.
- A keystroke macro recorder, with up to 16 active macros.
- Sorting, using up to 3 keys.
- Text can be automatically aligned and indented, relative to the previous line, to aid block indentation.
- In-context menu.
- The cursor can be constrained to the text, or can be positioned freely in the document view.
- Toolbar with fly-by usage hints.
- Active status bar.
- Search/replace engine using UNIX-style regular expressions: files in a directory tree can be searched, and text can be replaced in all open documents at once.
- Incremental search toolbar for literal text.
- Visible bookmarks can be placed on individual lines, and on all occurrences of a search pattern.
- Built in file manager for fast file copying, renaming, deleting etc.
- Print previewing, and printing with customizable headers/footers and page breaks.
- Viewer for binary files using a hexadecimal display format.
- Built in file comparison utility, and up to 16 user-defined tools with argument macros.
- Hypertext links from file search and user tool output to the relevant source line.
- DDE interface to other tools, such as MS Visual C++.
- Detects file modification and prompts you to reopen it.
- Edit 16-bit Unicode, UTF-8 and 8-bit text files with single and double byte characters.
- DOS, UNIX, Macintosh, Netscape and mixed end of line characters are supported.
- Supports ANSI (Windows) or OEM (DOS) code sets.
- Single MDI window with up to 4 views for each document.
- Full range of fonts installed in MS Windows.
- Up to 32 tab stops can be defined, along with a default tab spacing, and an indent size.
- Up to 16 (user configurable) most recently used files are listed on the File menu.
- Up to 64 user-defined commands can be added to the Tools menu.
- Up to 64 keystroke macros can be added to the Macros menu.